Modeling the interplay of fat and carbohydrate metabolism with application in Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes
The Netherlands Consortium for Systems Biology, the FP7 Health project Resolve, the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research and the Eindhoven University of Technology, are organizing a 2-day, international workshop on the modeling of glucose and lipid metabolism.
The aim of the workshop is to address open challenges in applying a systems biology approach (systems medicine) to study conditions and diseases in which interaction of fat and carbohydrate metabolism is key. The multi-disciplinary workshop wants to bring together scientists with different backgrounds, from clinical researchers to mathematical modellers.
- Modeling the interplay of fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- Modeling clamps, metabolic challenge tests (OGTT, OFTT) and mixed meals
- Applications in systems pharmacology and systems medicine
- Applications in diagnostics
- Applications in development and testing of medical devices
- Applications to analyze transitions from insulin sensitive to insulin resistant states
- Applications in diabetes education
The workshop is financially supported by:
- Netherlands Consortium for Systems Biology (NCSB)
- FP7 RESOLVE project